Thank you for your interest in adopting from Lending Paws a Hand! We love to see our rescued cats and dogs go to deserving, loving homes. Therefore, we do not rush to find the first available, but rather we search for the “right” home, and the “right fit” for the cat/dog, and adopters. While our policy is to have the first rights to return of a previously adopted cat or dog, we wish nothing more than to find the perfect home in the beginning, as a return would mean we failed the animal and people involved. Please understand we will ask questions regarding where our rescue animal will be going including establishing a meet & greet and home visit to ensure the best possible outcome for all involved. For this reason, we only adopt out to the states of NC, SC, and VA and require a $20 fee at the time of a meet and greet to cover expenses involved with transportation. If interested in adopting:
1. Complete the adoption application in its entirety. (Can also be found by going to lpah.org and clicking “resources” on the menu icon, and selecting adoption application).
2. Once we receive the application, all references will be checked. Please make sure to notify your references that we will be calling them.
3. Following reference check approval, we will then schedule a time that is convenient for the foster parent(s) and the potential adopter to meet the cat/dog. If the first meet and greet with other animals or humans does not take place in the home, then we will schedule an additional visit to the home prior to the adoption. Please note that if you live outside of a 25 mile radius from the foster, a $20 fee will be required to cover gas expense and time for our foster/rescue to conduct the meet and greet.
4. Once the application is approved, arrangements will be made to get the cat/dog to the new home/adopter. An “Adoption Agreement” then must be executed as well as the “Verification of Government Issued Photo Identification”. We are a licensed rescue under the NC Department of Agriculture and the Photo ID is a requirement through their policies.
5. Adoption fee will be due at time of transfer of the cat/dog to the adopter unless other arrangements have been made and confirmed.
FEES: Dog $200, Cat $95 (If not of age for full vaccinations, spay/neuter, that will be done at the rescue’s expense only at one of their rescue veterinarians. This will require the adopter to coordinate taking to the veterinarian clinic or to meet a LPAH volunteer to ensure all vetting is completed)
Do you think you’re ready to adopt? Fill out an application: Adoption Application